First, thank you to Carrie at There’s A Book for That for starting this challenge and to Leigh Ann of A Day in the Life and Cheriee of Library Matters for co-hosting the revival. Check out others’ fall updates on Library Matters.
I chose 42 novels for my #MustReadin2021 challenge, and thus far, as of April I had read 13 of them, in June I was up to 20, and now I am at 25! (16 left to go!) I have linked each title to the IMWAYR post where I shared my thoughts on the books.
- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston
- A Good Kind of Trouble by Lisa Moore Ramée
- Nightshade by Anthony Horowitz
- Secret Weapon by Anthony Horowitz
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson
- Apple by Eric Gansworth
- Bloom by Kenneth Oppel
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
- Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson
- Hello from Renn Lake by Michele Weber Hurwitz
- Killing November by Adriana Mather
- Mrs. Smith’s Spy School for Girls by Beth McMullen
- On the Horizon by Lois Lowry
- Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko
- Cousins by Karen McManus
- The Gravity of Us by Phil Bidner
- The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani
- The is my America by Kim Johnson
- This Train is Being Held by Ismée Williams
- Bloom by Kenneth Oppel
- King and the Dragon Flies by Kacen Callender
- Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany D. Jackson
- Slay by Brittney Morris
- Music of What Happens by Bill Konigsberg
- Tristan Strong Punches a Holes in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia
I also finished my #BitAbout Books Summer 2021 Reading Challenge!
- Book on your bookshelf: Tristan Strong Punches a Holes in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia
- Nonfiction book: Black Birds in the Sky by Brandy Colbert
- Book highlighting a summer activity: Night Owl by Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle, and Emily Jenkins
- Book related to gardening: Bloom by Kenneth Oppel
- Book purchased: Hatched by Kenneth Oppel
- Different format (audiobook): Good as Gold by Sarah Mlynowski
- Book cover you love: King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
- Different genre (anthology): Recognize! edited by Wade Hudson and Cheryl Willis Hudson
- Book of your choice: Thrive by Kenneth Oppel
- Place you read in the summer: World Piece Vol 1 by Josh Tierney
- Book you want to buy: Blackout by Dhonielle Clayton, Tiffany D. Jackson, Nic Stone, Angie Thomas, Ashley Woodfolk, and Nicola Yoon
- Backlist book: Slay by Brittney Morris
- Recommended book (thanks, Michele!): The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna
- A favorite: The Promised Neverland Vol 20 by Kaiu Shirai
- Adult: Pushout by Monique W. Morris
- Book with a summer setting: Music of What Happens by Bill Konigsberg
- Book from the library: Best Friends by Shannon Hale
I also challenged myself to the 2021 Summer Reading Challenge: 30 Books in 3 Months! I separated my challenge, and I aimed to complete 30 prose books and 30 graphic books from June to Labor Day. And I didn’t exactly meet my challenge, but I did finish reading 60 books in 3 months!
I finished my prose YA & MG books challenge and have moved into my second 30.
I almost finished my graphic novel/manga challenge, but if I add in the prose YA & MG novels I’ve read in addition to the 30 above, it perfectly finishes it!