Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Top Ten Antagonists
from Christian U., 7th grade (now 8th grade!!)
1. Queen Wasp from The Nest by Kenneth Oppel
Queen Wasp attempts to convince Steven to kill his own baby for a new one from a series of dreams. Strategic, Queen Wasp really deserves a spot on the list of the best antagonists.
2. Luke from The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Luke was strategic, acting as the hero the whole book but was really the villain. With Luke being able to trick Percy into doing his dirty work, he is one of the most hated antagonists.
3. The Warden from Holes by Louis Sachar
The Warden tricks a group of kids to dig holes just for her to try and find a buried suitcase of money. Sneaky, the Warden is one of my top 10 antagonists.
4. Coastal Guard from The Neptune Project by Polly Holyoke
The Coastal Guard tries to fight off the experiments who try to make it to an area with others of their kind. Fearless, the Coastal Guards are actually the enemy.
5. The Animals from Frenzy by Robert Lettrick
The animals of the forest are infected and start to pick off the humans. One by one. Unstoppable, the animals kick everyone out of their way.
6. The Witches from Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy by Nikki Loftin
The witches disguise themselves as school teachers just to eat their students. Strategic (and kinda gross!), the witches are surely evil antagonists.
7. Giant Cyclops from The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
The Giant Cyclops captures Grover and threatens to eat him up. The Giant Cyclops is fearless and will take down anyone in his path.
8. The Government in Bot Wars by J.V. Kade
The U.D. Government tries to take away Trout’s dad because he supports bots (who didn’t do anything wrong). The U.D. Government bombs bot territory and is bad to the good bots.
9. Hitler and the Nazi Party from Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan
Hitler affected Fredrich’s future in music and sent his dad to prison for him not following the Nazi Party. Hitler is pure evil.
10. The Poacher from Hurt Go Happy by Ginny Rorby
The poacher killed Sukari’s mother which was the reason why Sukari went to Charlie. The poacher caused many of the problems and is a dangerous antagonist.
Thank you, Christian!