Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Books I Love to Read with my Mom
from Sarah H., 7th grade
1. Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene
My mom and I love mysteries and trying to figure out what happened.
2. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
My mom and I loved reading the first one together.
3. Save Me a Seat by Gita Varadarajan and Sarah Weeks
After reading it for Mrs. Moye’s Lunch Book Club, I recommended it to my mom, and we both loved it.
4. Pigeon Books by Mo Willems
I remember my mom reading these to me at bedtime, and we would both say the lines over and over.
5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
After reading it in Kindergarten, my mom and I read it over and over.
6. Pinkalicious and the others in the series by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann
My mom and I still read these–I love her imagination!
7. The Giver by Lois Lowry
I told my mom I was reading The Giver, and we started talking about it (after she reread it).
8. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
My mom and I love the movie, and we wanted to see the differences.
9. Dr. Seuss Books
I still have these in my closet, and we sometimes reread them and look through them.
10. Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
My mom and I love all the animals in this book. We read it over and over.
Thank you, Sarah!