Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish is particularly fond of lists (as am I!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Top Ten Best/Worst Movie Adaptations (you could pick best or worst OR split it in half)
This was a tough one for me as I try to separate the book and movie as much as possible or the movie is really going to bother me and I just don’t need that extra aggravation in my life. So, today I am going to focus on the best movie adaptations to keep it positive! Here are my top 10 (in no particular order):
1. “The Silence of the Lambs” (based on the book by Thomas Harris)
2. “Fight Club” (based on the book by Chuck Palahnuik)
3. “To Kill a Mockingbird” (based on the book by Harper Lee)
4. “The Princess Bride” (based on the book by William Goldman)
5. “Shawshank Redemption”/”Stand By Me”/”Apt Pupil” (based on short stories from Stephen King’s Different Seasons)
6. “Jurassic Park” (based on the book by Michael Crichton)
7. “Bridget Jones’s Diary” (based on the book by Helen Fielding)
8. “Harry Potter” series (based on the books by J.K. Rowling)
9. “Lord of the Rings” series (based on the books by J.R.R. Tolkein)
10. “Charlotte’s Web (1973)” (based on the book by E.B. White)
Honorable Mention: “Coraline” (based on the book by Neil Gaiman)
Honorable Mention: “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)” (based on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl)
What are your favorite (or least favorite) movie adaptations?