It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
Last Week’s Posts
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
Last Week’s Journeys
Kellee: Have you all read the Eleanor series by Julie Sternberg (Like Pickle Juice on a Cookie, etc.)? I just finished the third one, Like Carrot Juice on a Cupcake, and I love the series more and more with each one. I really think the voice is getting stronger and stronger. I look forward to reviewing this one for you. I also read Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg. This book is SO funny yet very deep. Also, a teacher in a story always helps me love a book.
- Forever by Emma Dodd (One of my favorite “I love you forever” books, so I reread it with Trent on Mother’s day.)
- Dinosaur Kisses by David Ezra Stein (This looked like a cute mother’s day book as well though it ended up being more funny than sweet.)
- Dino-Baby by Mark Sperring (Just stuck with the dinosaur theme on Mother’s day.)
- Creature Colors and Creature Numbers by Andrew Zuckerman (Love the focus on numbers and colors in nature.)
- Snuggle Puppy! by Sandra Boynton (There has to be an audio of this as a song–is there?! I just love Sandra Boynton!)
- Hug Time by Patrick McDonell (My husband really likes Mutts so I knew he had to read this one to Trent and MAN is it a good one.)
- Bedtime for Chickies by Janee Trasler (Will be a staple at bedtime I’m sure.)
- The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton (See, love Sandra Boynton. These are all from the library though, so I really need to buy some.)
Ricki: This week, I finished listening to Paperboy by Vince Vawter. It is a beautiful book and will join my list of favorite middle grade titles. I know most people have read it, but if you haven’t, I can’t recommend it highly enough. I learned a lot about stuttering, and I fell in love with the story, which is semi-autobiographical. I also finished reading a sweet book called Annika Riz, Math Whiz by Claudia Mills. After reading Annika’s story, I wanted to get my hand on the first book in the Franklin School Friends series. I’d recommend it for grades 2-4. We will be hosting a giveaway for both books on May 22nd, so stop by if you would like to win the first two books in the series!
This Week’s Expeditions
Kellee: I don’t know what this week holds. I still have Dan Santat books, which I want to read with Trent. I also have some nonfiction picture books to read for future Wednesday posts. As for novels, I’m not sure as I just finished Openly Straight and haven’t picked my next book, so we’ll just have to see what I pick tonight to read.
Ricki: I am having a difficult time focusing on one book. Last week, I was reading eight. I think I am reading at least eleven right now. I should stick with one, but I just love the variety. Rather than repeat last week’s post with the several books I am reading, I will say that I am loving Ann Brashares’ The Here and Now. It reminds me a lot of Cristin Terrill’s All Our Yesterdays.
Upcoming Week’s Posts
Tuesday: Top Ten Books We Almost Put Down
So, what are you reading?
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!