It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
The original IMWAYR, with an adult literature focus, was started by Sheila at Book Journeys and is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
Tuesday: Breaking Through the Clouds: The Sometimes Turbulent Life of Meteorologist Joanne Simpson by Sandra Nickel, Illustrated by Helena Perez Garcia
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Wingbearer by Marjorie Liu, illustrated by Teny Issakhanian: Reviewed here on March 1st!
- Captain Underpants #10 by Dav Pilkey: Trent and I had listened to 1-9 of the Captain Underpants series and have been waiting for 10, and it is finally out! The audiobooks of Captain Underpants are great–I love the voices and the sound effects. Book 10 is when things really start getting even more odd, but it is still hilarious and a great story.
- One-Punch Man, Vol 1 by ONE: Read this on the recommendation of a student to see if it is one to get for my library, and I found the read to be really quite epic. One Punch Man is exactly as he sounds (can beat anyone with one punch), and it is fun to read about the villains who try to take him on. His sarcasm and deadpan expressions are my favorite part.
- Sam London #1 & #2 (Guardians of the Gryphon’s Claw and The Selkie of San Francisco) by Todd Calgi Gallicano: I am so glad I decided to reread book one of this series, so I could read the sequels. Book one is as good as I remember and book two truly takes the story to a whole other level. I am a fan of how Gallicano incorporated mythology into this book–it is a great take that is different than others!
- That Egg is Mine! by Liz Goulet Dubois: A fun story about finders keepers/sharing with an underlying message. I do love how there are early reader graphic novels available now, too!
- Mina by Matthew Forsythe: I love Forsythe’s artwork, and his quirky stories work so well them with them! I love this book that makes you question if you should go by what you think is true or find out the truth yourself.
- I Need a New Butt by Dawn McMillan, illustrated by Ross Kinnaird: I’m sure most of you have heard Toby Price’s story by now, so I wanted to support him and the book by getting the book and reading it with Trent, and it is a new favorite of his now! I mean, butt humor is his favorite, so it is right up his alley😆
- Breaking Through the Clouds by Sandra Nickel, illustrated by Helena Perez Garcia: Reviewed here on March 15th!
- Ear Worm! by Jo Knowles, illustrated by Galia Bernstein: When I saw this at the library, I was so excited! I made Trent stop right there and sit on the floor to read it, and we are both so smitten with the book. EVERYONE will connect with this book and also will get the Ear Worm‘s ear worm right in your head!
- Ablaze with Color by Jeanne Walker Harvey, illustrated by Loveis Wise: Reviewed here on March 8th!
To learn more about any of these books, check out my 2022 Goodreads Challenge page or my read bookshelf on Goodreads.
It’s the last day of spring break, and my family just left, so I will return next week! I have a LOT of new books to share!
- Reading: Wave (Links to an external site.) by Diana Farid & Search for the Swan Maiden (Links to an external site.) by Todd Calgi Gallicano
- Listening to: Undisclosed: The State vs. Adnan Syed (podcast) & maybe starting The Storyteller: Tales of Life and Music (Links to an external site.) by Dave Grohl
Tuesday: My Favorite Books I Read When I was 7 By Trent
Thursday:National Geographic Kids: Kamala Harris by Tonya K. Grant and Stacey Abrams by Melissa H. Mwai
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
2 thoughts on “It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? #IMWAYR 3/21/22”
I love Mina. And I should read I Need a New Butt.
I want to read Breaking Through the Clouds: The Sometimes Turbulent Life of Meteorologist Joanne Simpson. I’m also looking forward to reading Ablaze with Color. Happy reading this week.