It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson: I LOVE THIS BOOK! I loved the high school dynamics, friendship issues that are just so easy to identify with, the pure LOVE and romance, the fight against bigotry, and just about everything about the book! The narrator was also wonderful!
- #noescape by Gretchen McNeil: Gretchen McNeil just knows how to write a twisted, messed up, edge of your seat, gruesome thriller! I have trouble putting her books down!
- Lucky Caller by Emma Mills: Oppositely, Emma Mills knows how to write romances that make your heart fill with happiness and love for the characters!
- Land of Cranes by Aida Salazar: I first struggled with reading this beautiful book, but by listening to it, I was able to hear the intricate verses and lyrical language. I am glad I didn’t give up on it!
- Punching the Air by Ibi Zoboi & Yusef Salaam: Oh man, this one broke my heart. Co-written by one of the
Central ParkExonerated Five, Amal’s story just rips at your insides and makes you so sad for this young man who is targeted, judged, abused…. all because of time, place, and color of skin. The open-ending will make many a reader mad, but I definitely can guess why the authors did it. Also, don’t miss out on the Afterword.
- With Trent:
- Is Was by Deborah Freeman: Lyrically and visually stunning!
- Seven Little Mice Go to the Beach by Haruo Yamashita, Illustrated by Kazuo Iwamura: What a sweet little book about team work and family!
- Looking for a Jumbie by Tracey Baptiste, Illustrated by Amber Ren: Looking forward to reviewing this tomorrow!
Hi! My book revisions are due in a week, so I am trying to focus on finishing them up!
Reading: Where I End & You Begin by Preston Norton and Once Upon an Eid edited by S.K. Ali & Aisha Saeed
Listening: Jackpot by Nic Stone
Trent reading: Grumpy Unicorn Hits the Road by Joey Spiotto and CatStronauts: Race to Mars by Drew Brockington
Tuesday: Looking for a Jumbie by Tracey Baptiste, Illustrated by Amber Ren
Sunday: Student Voices: Christina Diaz Gonzalez’s Visit to Kellee’s School
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!