It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Starfish by Lisa Fipps gave me so many feels! It is a story of a young girl who is SO tired of being fat-shamed when she is not ashamed of being fat, but it seems like everyone else has an issue with it–including her family. Beautifully written and heartfelt.
- Diana Princess of the Amazons by Shannon Hale and Dead Hale is a fun young Wonder Woman graphic novel.
- Good Girl, Bad Blood by Holly Jackson is the sequel to A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder and picks up RIGHT after the first book, even continuing the trials from the first book’s case; however, this novel brings us another mystery that Pip gets pulled into and it is life or death.
- The Proudest Blue by Ibtihaj Muhammad & S.K. Ali with illustrations by Hatem Aly is such an exquisite book, not only in illustrations (I mean–look at that cover!) and story but in inclusion. This book was a window for my son which led to amazing conversations but will be a mirror for so many kids.
- The Little Blue Bridge by Brenda Maier, illustrated by Sonia Sanchez is a fun twist on “The Three Billy Goats Gruff” with a fun, sassy young protagonist!
I read and loved Mahogany L. Browne’s Chlorine Sky. I wish this book existed while I was teaching high school. I know so many students who would have benefited from it. I am so glad it is out in the world now, and I know it will really reach a lot of readers.
I REREAD Dear Martin by Nic Stone because my preservice teachers are pairing up with high schoolers who are reading this book. Ahhh, I love this book even more every time I read it. It’s simply phenomenal.
I loved Deborah Wiles’ We Are All Under One Wide Sky. It has great representation, and the concept is wonderful. This book is a great reminder to adults and children alike. Andrea Stegmaier does a lovely job with the illustrations!
I really enjoyed Cranky Right Now by Julie Berry. Holly Hatam’s illustrations are fantastic and made me smile. I know the perfect kid for this book, and I can’t wait to read it to him.
Reading with Trent: The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Reading: (Don’t) Call Me Crazy edited by Kelly Jensen
Listening: The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart
Reading: Dear Justyce by Nic Stone
Listening: We Are Not Free by Traci Chee
Reading with 7yo: When Stars Are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson and Omar Mohamed
Tuesday: First Day of Unicorn School by Jess Hernandez, illustrated by Mariano Epelbaum
Thursday: Who Loves the Dragon? by Bianca Schulze, illustrated by Samara Hardy
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Asking the Important Questions about Action Scenes” by Matt Wallace, Author of Bump
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!