It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
Although Trent still loves picture books, he is really loving early reader chapter books and series.
- We finished the 2nd and 3rd Mercy Watson books, and he just loves that pig. After I read him the 3rd one, he went and retold it to his dad–it was a heart-filling moment.
- I was looking for an audiobook to listen to one night, and saw that the Andy Shane series is available on Overdrive with my library, so we listened to the first one. He listened to it all in one sitting and seemed to really like it; he has asked to read the 2nd one.
- A Tear in the Ocean by H.M. Bouwman: Two stories combine to answer the question a young boy is searching for while also helping his friend figure out where she belongs.
- Far Away by Lisa Graff: CJ lives with her Aunt Nic who is a famous medium. CJ travels the nation with her and truly believes in what her Aunt does helps her audience.
Hi! I’ve returned from maternity leave! My almost 8-week-old son is currently laying next to a toy. I might have 30 seconds to write this post, and I might have 30 minutes. It will be a surprise! Ha ha ha.
Over maternity leave, I read several dozen books from the library. My older sons and I checked out a total of 65 books.
I finished Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu. It was excellent and worth the hype. It was very similar in many ways to Nowhere Girls (which I read while pregnant). Both had strong messages, and I loved reading each of them!
- Currently Reading: We Were Beautiful by Heather Hepler
- Currently Listening: Funny, You Don’t Look Autistic by Michael McCreary
- Reading next with Trent: Narwhal’s Otter Friend by Ben Clanton
- Currently Listening to with Trent: Inspector Flytrap and the Goal Who Chewed Too Much by Tom Angleberger
I am listening to Tradition by Brendan Kiely. I am trying to read more books related to #metoo, and this one fit into that topic. So far, it is very good.
I am reading (and really enjoying) Frankly in Love by David Yoon. Because I am trying to get enough sleep, I only read a chapter per night, and it is a real treat. The narrator’s voice is very powerful. This book is going to end up on my favorites list this year.
Tuesday: Student Voices!: Recommended Titles by Jacque, Jacob, Cooper, Maria, Lisa, Jordan, Alexandra, Molly, Olivia, Damon, Nathan, Duda, Elsa
Friday: Is 2 a Lot? by Annie Watson
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Understanding Race in a Country Divided” by Barbara Diggs, Author of Race Relations: The Struggle for Equality in America
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!