It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
for winning the Journey of the Pale Bear giveaway!
Tuesday: Speak Out! For Banned Books #BannedBooksWeek
Wednesday: Blog Tour with Review and Giveaway!: A Perilous Journey of Danger & Mayhem: A Dastardly Plot by Christopher Healy
**Giveaway open until tomorrow!**
Thursday: Gods and Heroes by Korwin Briggs
Friday: Orphaned by Eliot Schrefer
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Shedding a Light of Understanding on Kids Who Are Different” by Janet McLaughlin, Author of Different
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- I finished listening to The Young Elites, and if you have read it you know about the tragedy at the end of the book, and I just don’t know if I want to continue the series with the loss at the end. I just don’t know where the series is going to go. But I guess that is why I also need to read the series….
- I read K.A. Holt’s new book. It comes out next year. You’ll want to read it. I promise!
- AMULET EIGHT CAME OUT!!!!! My students and I have been WAITING for this book, and I will tell you that it does not disappoint, and now we are waiting for #9….
Hi, all! I am away today because my sister is visiting from NYC for my son’s birthday! Happy reading!
- Currently on Chapter 6 of Winnie-the-Pooh with Jim and Trent. It is so much fun to read, and I love that Trent is loving it!
- I cannot wait to start Upside-Down Magic: Weather or Not which I’ll start on my drive to school today. I love the rest of the series, so I know this one will be no different.
- I started The Dollar Kids this weekend, and I hope I love it as much as Jennie Smith raved about it to me.
Tuesday: Word Parts (Affixes) in Kellee’s Middle School Classroom
Wednesday: Astronaut, Aquanaut: How Space Science and Sea Science Interact by Jennifer Swanson
Thursday: When the Moon was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore
Friday: Serafina Loves Science #1: Cosmic Conundrum by Cara Bartek
Sunday: Author Guest Post by Cara Bartek, Author of the Serafina Loves Science Series
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
6 thoughts on “It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? #IMWAYR 10/1/18”
Kellee~ Oh NO!! I had hoped to read The Young Elites, but I don’t know about much of anything in the storyline. I can imagine how a major loss would impact whether you want to continue with the series. Aaron has been talking about AMULET and so I have that series on my list — I must be REALLY behind the times. I’ve also heard really good things about The Dollar Kids, so I’m looking forward to it very soon!
Ricki~ I hope you have a wonderful visit with family!!
Congratulations to Jana on the giveaway WIN!!
Oh, SO glad you guys are enjoying Winnie-the-Pooh – near and dear to my heart 🙂 Pooh and Piglet are so wise.
I need to try The Young Elites – keep hearing good things about it.
Enjoy your books this week & thanks for hosting!
Book By Book
I’m always glad you post last week’s posts – I remember to go back and visit them!
I can’t remember why I wasn’t a fan of The Young Elites, but I never went back and read more in the series.
Can’t wait to hear about “Orphaned” & your view of “The Dollar Kids”, Kellee. I read Winnie-the-Pooh to my children too. It is wonderful. Hope the birthday celebrations were terrific, Ricki.
Hello you two! Hope you are both well. Love hearing about the books you are reading and sharing!
I think that’s why I didn’t go on and read more of The Young Elites.
I’m very sad that my library does not have Weather or Not yet available in audio format. I adore that series and am seriously green with envy that you are about to start this.
Happy reading to both of you this week.