Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Books We Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving for Our Boys
1. The Right Word: Roget and His Thesaurus by Jen Bryant and Melissa Sweet
The premise of this book makes me so happy. I’d love to read it with my boys.
2. Open This Book by Jesse Klausmeier
I’ve heard that this book is interactive and good fun.
3. I Spy a Funny Frog by Jean Marzollo
My older son loves this series.
4. Nerdy Birdy by Aaron Reynolds
Honestly, how adorable is this book?
5. Mix It Up! by Hervé Tullet
Every book that this author writes is incredible.
Santa may just be bringing these books for Trent 😉
1. Super Jumbo by Fred Koehler
We loved Little Jumbo in How to Cheer Up Dad, and I read Super Jumbo at an independent bookstore in DC, but now Trent will have his own copy.
2. Mama Built a Little Nest by Jennifer Ward
I’ve only heard great things about this book, and after meeting Jennifer at NCTE, I knew I had to get it for Trent.
3. Also An Octopus by Maggie Tokuda-Hall
I read this while standing at Candlewick’s booth in the exhibit hall at NCTE, and I knew I, I mean Trent, had to have it!
4. Nanette’s Baguette by Mo Willems
A new Mo Willems book? Yes please!
5. Books 1-3 in the Elephant and Piggie Like Reading! series: The Cookie Fiasco by Dan Santat, We Are Growing by Laurie Keller, and The Good For Nothing Button by Charise Mericle Harper
I cannot believe we didn’t own the first two yet, but we didn’t; however, after receiving an ARC of the third, I went online and remedied that very quickly.
Which books do you hope to get for Christmas?