In honor of our favorite conferences—the NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) Annual Convention followed by the ALAN (Assembly on Literature of Adolescents of NCTE) Workshop, we are doing a countdown over the next two weeks. Each day, we will feature a list that reflects the number of days left until the conference! We can’t wait to see many of you there! If you can’t be there, make sure to follow #ncte18 and #alan18 on Twitter and other social media to participate in this amazing PD from your home.
1. Cynthia Leitich Smith
Admittedly, I have seen her speak a few times. I am very fortunate to be introducing her, and I can’t wait to meet her!
2. Tomi Adeyemi
Tomi is a powerful force. I am really looking forward to hearing her speak.
3. Emily X. R. Pan
I regularly recommend The Astonishing Color of After. My students loved this book. I am really looking forward to listening to her panel!
4. Mark Oshiro
Yes! I can’t wait to hear Mark Oshiro speak. My students just finished Anger is a Gift!
5. Elizabeth Acevedo
This woman is an idol in my class. I can’t wait to listen to her!
6. Amy Reed
I am 3/4 of the way through The Nowhere Girls. Whew. This book is great!
It was difficult to limit my list to just six authors. The ALAN Workshop is going to be wonderful! I can’t wait!
Who are you excited to hear?
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts