Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Childhood Characters We’d Love to Revisit as Adults
These are all characters we love, and we’d definitely love an update about how they are attacking adulthood!
1. Charlotte from Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
I remember wanting to be Fern. I wonder if this would change in my adult years.
2. Pippi from Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
Decades later, I still think Pippi is the coolest girl I’ve ever read about.
3. Amelia Bedelia from the Amelia Bedelia series by Peggy Parish
I get a warm feeling in my gut when I think about this series. I think I read every Amelia Bedelia book that was published.
4. Nancy Drew from the Nancy Drew Series by Carolyn Keene
This is another series I completed. Nancy Drew holds a special place in my heart.
5. Mary Lennox from The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Just the cover of this book brings back great memories!
1. Ramona Quimby from Ramona (series) by Beverly Cleary
Ramona was quite the rambunctious child, but I loved her. She was so much fun! I’d love to see how she transition from such a handful to an adult.
2. Matilda from Matilda by Roald Dahl
The end of Matilda is just the start of Matilda’s journey, and I’d love to know what amazing things this brilliant young lady did during the rest of her life.
3. Betsy from Betsy (series) by Carolyn Haywood
Betsy books were the first books my mom read to me, and I would love to see middle grade, young adult, and adult stories about Betsy, her family, and friends.
4. Charlotte Doyle from The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi
Oh Charlotte Doyle! You are so kick butt! And that is when you were only thirteen! What did you do with the rest of your life?
5. The gang from the Baby-Sitters Club (series) by Ann M. Martin
Lots of people try to predict what the BSC is up to now. Kristy, Mary Ann, Claudia, Stacy, and the gang were my first book best friends, and I spent so much time with them; I’d love to see what they were up to now!
Which characters would you want to revisit as an adult?