Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Books to Read If You Are in the Mood for a Good Laugh
Because laughter and books are the best medicine.
1. The Is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen
Every time I read this book, I laugh. It is so funny! I enjoy dark humor.
2. Sloth Slept On by Frann Preston-Gannon
Sloths are very funny, and I remember laughing a lot as I read this book.
3. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
This book uses humor to teach a lesson, which shows how smart Gene Luen Yang is.
4. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
I love this book for so many reasons. One of them is that it is very funny!
5. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
The premise of this book is very funny, but Colin’s best friend Hassan makes this book absolutely hilarious.
The gargoyle in this series just cracks me up! He is the best comic relief in any book!
2. Heavenly Nostrils series by Dana Simpson
This series has the same humor as Calvin and Hobbes. I love the imagination and silliness of it!
3. Don’t Push the Button by Bill Cotter
When I read this book with my son for the first time (for both of us), it made up both giggle! Larry goes through quite a lot because of that darn button.
4. Fifteen Animals by Sandra Boynton
We were trying to pick a Sandra Boynton book to buy, so we went and listened to all of the songs on her publisher’s website and this one made me laugh so hard–I had to buy it!
5. The Infects by Sean Beaudoin
Do you like Zombieland humor? If so, you will love this one. He is sarcastic and smart, and it is quite humorous in such a quirky way.
Which books made you laugh?