Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Books from ALAN that Ricki is Excited About
I was going to create a list of the top ten books from the NCTE convention and ALAN Workshop that I am excited about, but that just became too overwhelming. There were so many great books from this conference, that I need to limit my pool for my own sanity. The ALAN Workshop is my favorite place to be!
1. All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
My friends are buzzing about this one, and I can’t wait to read it!
2. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
Not only is the title captivating, but I hear the book is incredible.
3. The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
The concept of this book is so intriguing. After meeting the author (who is very smart), I have a feeling that I will really enjoy it!
4. The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork
After hearing Francisco book talk this book, I want to wrap myself in this story. I am waiting for the right frame of mind, which will be very soon.
5. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
I love all things Sarah Dessen. She just warms my soul.
6. Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein
Who doesn’t love Elizabeth Wein? Whew. She is an incredible writer.
7. These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
Another rock star author! I’ve heard this book is difficult to put down!
8. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Everyone keeps telling me to read this book! I am not lying. I have received several text messages from different people!
9. Sunny Side Up by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm (siblings!)
I don’t tend to read middle grade graphic novels, but I saw a few pages from this book, and it looks so funny!
10. Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
Besides my love for the cover, I am intrigued by this book. I suspect it is going to be very good!
If you attended, which books from NCTE and ALAN are you excited about?
If not, which books are you looking forward to read this upcoming year?