It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Julieta and the Diamond Enigma by Luisana Duarte Armendáriz: What a fun early middle grade mystery book! Julieta is a character who is easy to love, it was great to explore Paris with her, I was fascinated by all of the art and mythology that were discussed, and it was fun trying to figure out the culprit!
- The Midnight Children by Dan Gemeinhart: I have read every book by Dan Gemeinhart, and it is so fascinating how different they all are and how wonderful they all are. This one was steeped in magical realism but was all about finding your family, even if they aren’t by blood, and learning to find the confidence in yourself to stand up to bullies.
- Global by Eoin Colfer, Andrew Donkin, & Giovanni Rigano: I reviewed this last week!
- How to Heal a Gryphon by Meg Cannistra: In a world where magic is real and mythical creatures exist, Giada finds herself in the most important fight of her life–one against the witches underground to save her brother. Through this journey, she also hopes to show that her passion is just as important as tradition.
- Cat’s Cradle: The Mole King’s Lair by Jo Rioux: The second book in this trilogy picks up where the first left off with Suri venturing to the Monster’s Cradle with Caglio and Byron, but they’ve run out of money and provisions and must figure out how to survive. They learn that what you see is not always what it seems in this adventurous graphic novel that puts Suri’s taming to the test.
To learn more about any of these books, check out my read bookshelf on Goodreads.
This is my week off; I’ll share what I’ve been reading next week!
- Reading: Nothing Interesting Ever Happens to Ethan Fairmont by Nick Brooks
- Listening: We Deserve Monuments by Jas Hammons
- Listening with Trent: Amari and the Great Game by BB Alston
- Reading because Trent recommended it: Wings of Fire The Graphic Novel #3: The Hidden Kingdom by Tui T. Sutherland
Tuesday: Trent’s Favorite Books He Read When He Was Eight
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Every Child Needs Space to Play” by Mark Angelo, Author of Can We Play Baseball, Mr. DeMille?
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!