It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Whatever After: Just Dance by Sarah Mlynowski: I adore this series. Each one is a fun look into a fairy tale with Abby and Jonah bringing their own twist to the story. And they all end with amazing messages showing the antiquity of most fairy tales.
- Brave Enough by Kati Gardner: I read Finding Balance already, and I had planned on reading the first book in the series, and I am so glad I did. Kati Gardner is a great storyteller; I am a fan of the two points of view told in 3rd person limited. Brave Enough is a story both about Cason’s cancer diagnosis and recovery and Davis’s addiction and sobriety as well as their connection. I truly enjoyed listening to this story!
- The Magi by Kevin M. Turner: I am picky about my fantasy, but this one sucked me in from the very first scene–so intense! The author did a great job of creating his own fantastical world filled with elemental magic, and I think fans of Rick Riordan will really enjoy this adventure.
- Cat + Gamer Vol. 2 by Wataru Nadatani: This is such a sweet series! I love Riko and Musubi and their interactions! Readers who love kitty antics and video games will adore this manga.
- The Kiss Quotient and The Bride Test by Helen Hoang: More fun rom com books–they are just so much fun to read! This series is tropey and wonderful but with the addition of main characters on the autism spectrum, so it was interesting to read that point of view.
It is Kellee’s week for a long post; I’ll be back next week!
- Reading: Spy School by Stuart Gibbs
- Starting Soon: Cat Massage Therapy Vol. 1 by Haru Hisakawa
- Reading along with Trent: Adventures with Waffles by Maria Parr
- Listening: Ancestor Approved: Intertribal Stories for Kids edited by Cynthia Leitich Smith
Tuesday: I Cannot Draw a Horse by Charise Mercile Harper
Thursday: Killer Underwear Invasion!: How to Spot Fake News, Misinformation, & Conspiracy Theories by Elise Gravel
Saturday: Guest Review: We Can: Portraits of Power by Tyler Gordon
Sunday: Author Guest Post by Laura Schaefer
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!