It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Nights with a Cat Vol. 1 by kyuryuZ: I love how many mangas about cats Trent and I have been able to find, and they are all so cute! This one is about a brother who has his sister and cat move in, but he’s never lived with a cat, so he is getting used to it all.
- Pippa Park: Crush at First Sight by Erin Yun: I’m reviewing this tomorrow!
- The Final Gambit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: Oh man! It all came together, didn’t it?! I loved the ending to this book. Everything that wasn’t clear became clear and everything that needed to be settled was. I am glad the author is making a Hawthorne brothers’ book from their point of view, but I’m also happy with how the ending of the mystery turned out.
- I Will Not Lose in Super Shoes! by Jonathan Fenske: A short fun easy read that breaks the forth wall during a reading race that has an ending alluding to the tortoise and the hare.
- Knitting for Dogs by Laurel Molk: Izzy can make just about anything that she can imagine, so when she took up knitting as a new hobby, she knew it would be easy for her. But then it wasn’t. This feeling of defeat was new to Izzy, and she has to figure out how to get past it. She knows that failure comes with creativity some time, but she definitely wants to figure it out. I love how she took failure as a challenge and went forward to figure out how to take what she could do and be successful with it. What a great lesson told through an adorable story with Max the dog as Izzy’s sidekick!
- Reading: Love Radio by Ebony LaDelle, A Man and his Cat Vol. 1 by Umi Sakurai, and Speak Up, Speak Out!: The Extraordinary Life of Fighting Shirley Chilsholm by Tonya Bolden
- Listening: A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik
Tuesday: Pippa Park: Crush at First Sight by Erin Yun
Saturday: Sofia’s Kids’ Corner: Charlie Thorne and the Lost City by Stuart Gibbs
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!