It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- One-Punch Man Vol. 2 & Vol. 3 by One: I was worried that this series was going to be repetitive, but the character development and change of conflict in each manga has kept me wanting to read. This is definitely a manga series I’m going to get for my school library.
- Red Panda and Moon Bear and Red Panda and Moon Bear: The Curse of the Evil Eye by Jarod Roselló: Who wouldn’t love to read about two siblings that are fighting evil to keep peace in their neighborhood?! It is so fun! And I loved that there isn’t another graphic novel series I can compare it too–it is so unique.
- Search for the Swan Maiden by Tod Calgi Gallicano: This is the third in the Sam London trilogy, and it had so many feels in it, and I cannot share any of them with you because it will spoil this and the past books, but trust me–all of you Riordan fans, pick up this trilogy!
- Wish by Barbara O’Connor: WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO READ THIS BOOK?!? I am so glad that my 6th grade book club chose to read this book; I loved every second of reading it. It reminds me a bit of One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt, which I also loved. Such a special book!
- The Storyteller by Dave Grohl: Wow. You know all of the posts you’ve seen about how good this book is? Well, they are all true. And I highly recommend the audiobook because it is lovely to be read to by Dave Grohl. I loved that this book was about life that just happens to be of a rock star.
- Currently reading: Finding Orion by John David Anderson (for my 7th grade book club!)
- Currently listening: The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
Tuesday: Endlessly Ever After: Pick Your Path to Countless Fairy Tale Endings! by Laurel Snyder, Illustrated by Dan Santat
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Why Isn’t There More Science Fiction for Young Children?” by Emily Midkiff, Author of Equipping Space Cadets: Primary Science Fiction for Young Children
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!