It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Susie B. Won’t Back Down by Margaret Finnegan: I am reviewing this this week–I look forward to sharing it!
- Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo: This book took me quite some time, but it was not because it was anything but phenomenal because it was. The King of Scars duology is probably my favorite of the series so far. Just WOW!
- The Tree in Me by Corinna Luyken: The illustrations is what carries this book–they are beautiful! The text is poetic and pretty abstract, so it took us a bit while reading to really get it with Trent.
- Sounds of the Sky and Sounds of the Wild by Moira Butterfield: What fun nonfiction books! Full of amazing information with audio additions that take it to the next level!
- Ultimate Earth: Oceans and Seas by Miranda Baker: Trent loves, loves, loves animals, and this book included so many of his favorite including sea turtles and narwhals! I loved how it was structured with each spread having a central topic with supporting information that is just so fascinating.
- Hidden Planet: Secrets of the Animal Kingdom by Ben Rothery: What a superb book! It is perfect for children who are filled with wonder and want to explore the secrets of the animal kingdom, and it is perfect for adults who want to gain information about the amazing animals on our planet. The text is straight-forward and full of information, and the illustrations blew me away!
- Attack of the 50-Foot Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold: This was one of Trent’s book fair purchases, and he wanted to read it to me right away! Another fun story from the Fly Guy series.
- Sleepy Stories by Mario Levrero: Sleepy Stories is a translated picture book by a Uruguayan author, and it was such a fun bedtime story! It was a fun back and forth between a sleepy father and a not-so-sleepy son who wants the bedtime stories to continue even as the dad is falling asleep. The stories were quite quirky and the illustrations were surreal, and I loved the whole thing!
I was so happy to read Mac Barnett’s newest book, What Is Love? It’s a charming book that will find it’s way into the regular spot of many nighttime reading routines.
I read Genesis Begins Again by Alicia D. Williams in preparation for a class I’m teaching. It is one of the book options. This is an uncomfortable book that is hard to read but also so important to read. There are many layers to this book, and it made me thinking deeply about my own life.
We’ll see what I read next!
Listening: Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
I’ve been slowly listening to Each Tiny Spark on my commute, and it is just about done. It’s a wonderful story that has brought me great joy on my rides.
Tuesday: Review & Giveaway!: Susie B. Won’t Back Down by Margaret Finnegan
Thursday: What Is Love? by Mac Barnett, Illustrated by Carson Ellis
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!