It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- This Train is Being Held by Ismée Williams: This is such a good serendipity romance! I like how it causes the reader, through the characters, to think about their biases of both race, heritage, looks, and mental health.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: 5 out of 7 read in the Grishaverse! This one dragged in the middle for me a little bit, but the beginning and end were un-put-down-able. Although high fantasy is not my thing (I just cannot remember the new setting and rules of the setting and other things), I can definitely see why this series is a favorite of so many.
- Hello From Renn Lake by Michele Weber Hurwitz: This book is definitely an environmentally charged book that shows how young activists can make a real difference–no wonder it won the Green Earth Book Award! Michele Weber Hurwitz never lets me down.
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch: An adult book *gasp!* A friend was telling me about this and his quick synopsis sucked me in, and I just had to pick it up. I read it in 1 day and it took me on a inter-dimensional ride. Lots of twists, turns, and suspense!
- Captain Underpants #7 by Dav Pilkey: This was a fun one! Time travel always adds some extra adventure! Onto number 8.
On a personal note: I am going on medical leave after this week until late June. It is all good, I promise! But I need this time for medical reasons. I plan on being back June 21st–see you then!
Hi, all! I am in the second week of a two week break to finish out the college semester. I will see you after!
Reading: All Thirteen: The Incredible Cave Rescue of the Thai Boys’ Soccer Team by Christina Soontornvat
Reading during family reading time: Luna Omnibus 2 by Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Weir
Trent reading during family reading time: Unicorn Bowling by Dana Simpson
Jim reading during family reading time: Fables Vol 3: Storybook Love by Bill Willingham
Listening: The Gravity of Us by Phil Stamper
Trent and I listening to: Captain Underpants #8 by Dav Pilkey
Tuesday: Chickens on the Loose by Jane Kurtz, Illustrated by John Joseph
Thursday: Already a Butterfly: A Meditation Story by Julia Alvarez, Illustrated by Raúl Colón
Saturday: Author Guest Post by Michelle Schaub, Author of Kindness is a Kite String
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!