It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Descending from newly read to older**
- More Mo Willems! Trent just adores him, and who can blame him?
- Trent says he loved all of the books, but his favorite picture books from this batch (that are not Mo Willems books) are: Snowballs by Lois Ehlert; How to Be a T-Rex by Ryan North; Good Night, Mr. Panda by Steve Anthony; You Must Bring a Hat by Simon Philip; and Over-Scheduled Andrew by Ashley Spires
- I read Leave It To Abigail! and Fight of the Century by Barb Rosenstock and wow! Some amazing narrative biographies about just two revolutionary women!
To learn more about any of these books, check out my 2019 Challenge page or my read bookshelf on Goodreads.
This week, I had a meeting with all of my Master’s advisees on their projects. I enjoyed reading their papers and progress, so I didn’t finish any books beyond those that I read to my sons for bedtime.
- Listening: How it Feels to Float by Helena Fox
- Reading: The Toll by Neal Shusterman (I am hoping to finish as soon as I am done with this post!)
- After that? Who knows! With NCTE and ALAN coming up, I do not get as much reading done, but I will be surrounded by some amazing books and authors!
I am still listening to The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys. This book is so good.
We’re off to the NCTE Annual Convention and ALAN Workshop followed by Thanksgiving Break!
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
5 thoughts on “It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? #IMWAYR 11/18/19”
See you at NCTE!
I just downloaded The Fountains of Silence — I love that author. Thanks for the recommendation!
Have fun at NCTE. I have that Snowballs by Lois Ehlert! It’s still a family favorite. And, starting Toll today. Yes, The Fountains of Silence is wonderful.
LOVED The Fountains of Silence!
I’m in the middle of The Toll, but I really think I need to stop and reread once I come back from NCTE. I get in about 1-2 chapters each night and I’m not loving it as much as the others but I think it’s because of my reading cycle right now. Too much going on!
See you all soon!
Kellee~ Definitely can’t fault Trent for adoring Mo Willems. One of my absolute favorites!! I’m going to have to work hard to avoid all the spoilers on The Toll, but I’m excited to see how much everyone is enjoying it!