It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
**Descending: Finished recently to last Monday**
I’ve stopped summarizing all of the books that Trent & I read, but if you want to see about them, check out my READ bookshelf on Goodreads.
- All the Broken Pieces by L.D. Crichton: “After the death of her mother and a three-month hospital stay for obsessive-compulsive disorder, Lennon Davis moves from Maine to Los Angeles to live with her father, his wife Claire, and stepsiblings Andrea and Jacob. Once there, Lennon takes up residence in a stark, gray bedroom where she finds security in the number five. If she taps the doorknob five times or switches the light off five times, over and over again, nothing bad will happen. Her neighbor Kyler Benton takes notice of what seems to be a disco show going on in Lennon’s bedroom across the street. Kyler has his own issues-he hides a facial scar with hair and hoodies-but finds peace playing guitar and writing songs. When the two come together, a musician and his muse, a love story comes to life.”
- Storybots: Tyrannosaurus Rex: Trent is becoming such a good reader! He read this one to me 🙂
- Trent & my favorite books that we read this week:
- My New Friend is So Fun: I thought I had read all of Elephant & Piggie books, but then I found this one!
- Charlie & Mouse Even Better: Man, I love Laurel Snyder’s two boys!
- Can I Be Your Dog?: This book would be awesome to teach letter writing and also talk about rescuing animals.
- Let’s Do Nothing: Can you actually sit and do nothing?? Frankie and Sal are going to find out!
- (reread) Jasper & Ollie: Trent really does love this book! We may just have to buy it (we’ve been getting it from the library).
I’ll return next week! 😊
- Listening: Let’s Go Swimming on Doomsday by Natalie C. Anderson (I am almost done!)
- Read sporadically: Hero Next Door from We Need Diverse Books
- Read & maybe listen too: Each Tiny Spark by Pablo Cartaya (I have the ebook and audiobook)
Wednesday: Educators’ Guide for Beverly, Right Here by Kate DiCamillo
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!