It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by commenting below then visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- More Mr. Putter and Tabby from Cynthia Rylant! I just love these books and so does Trent.
- I mentioned to Josh Funk that Albie Newton was the one of his books we didn’t have, and VIOLA it ends up at our house. I just love Josh’s books. They’re so fun but also have good messages. This one is no different.
- I cannot wait to read the second book in Hope Larson’s Compass South series. This story of two twins on a crazy sea and land adventure.
- Oscar the Octopus by Matthew Van Fleet takes us through the months and fun sea creatures. Trent and I had a great conversation about where these creatures’ habitats are and where we think the Oscar lives.
- Lenny’s Book of Everything by Karen Foxlee is about Lenny Spink. “Her little brother, Davey, suffers from a rare form of gigantism and is taunted by other kids and turned away from school because of his size.”
I am with extended family this weekend, so I am unable to post, but I hope you all have a wonderful week!
- Reading: Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett
- Listening: Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
- Reading with Trent: More Mr. Putter and Tabby books
- Jim reading with Trent: The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
- Was listening to, but paused to listen to the library audiobook: Let’s Go Swimming on Doomsday by Natalie C. Anderson
Wednesday: Growing to Greatness: Just Like Beverly: A Biography of Beverly Cleary by Vicki Conrad
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!