It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Superbuns!: Kindness is her SuperPower by Diane Krednesor: What a wonderful book! It would fit wonderfully with my kindness yearly beginning of the year activity where students and I talk about what kindness is and how it can change lives–Superbuns and her sister, Blossom, emulate the message!
- The Adventures of SuperHero Girl by Faith Erin Hicks: I really love Friends with Boys and Nameless City, so when I saw that my library had this title as an ebook, I grabbed it, and I loved this story of
- Salem Hyde: Frozen Fiasco by Frank Cammuso: This series is so much fun and so cute–I can’t wait to read it with Trent!
- Star Scouts: The Invasion of Scuttlebots by Mike Lawrence: Seems like the final Star Scouts book, and it has a great story and message.
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Guide to Hogwarts: BEAUTIFUL! Find this and enjoy, Potter fans!
- Chick and Brain: Smell My Foot! by Cece Bell: As I’d assumed after Cece Bell talked about this book at ALA Annual, Trent thought it was hilarious!!!
- Disney Read Alongs!: Love that we can fill our car time with listening and reading along to books.
- Narwhal by Katie Marsico: Trent LOVES Narwhals, so at the Natural History Museum where there was a Narwhal exhibit, Trent and I got this nonfiction book. Very informative!
- Spencer’s New Pet by Jessie Sima: Wow–what an ending!
- I’m Worried by Michael Ian Black: This one became a Trent favorite as soon as we read it!
I haven’t finished any books this week, but I’ve read a few dozen journal articles. 🙂
- Listening but paused: Let’s Go Swimming on Doomsday by Natalie C. Anderson
- Now Listening to (my library hold is in while the other I own): Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
- Reading: Compass South by Hope Larson
This week, I am reading The Teacher Wars: A History of America’s Most Embattled Profession by Dana Goldstein. It is very good!
Wednesday: Creative Writing Prompts for Tomorrow Most Likely by Dave Eggers
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Bonding a Classroom Over Books: Read Aloud as a Community Builder” by Kristin Thorsness, Author of The Wicked Tree
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!