It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Song for a Whale by Lynne Kelly is a story about a girl connecting with the story of a lonely whale and doing anything to be there for him.
- My students are right! The Land of Stories true conflict doesn’t truly begin until Beyond the Kingdoms. WOW! Craziness!
Ricki is away on maternity leave and will return mid-June. Happy reading!
- Reading: Finding Orion by John David Anderson
- Listening: Sasquatch and the Muckleshoot by Adam Gidwitz and Joseph Bruchac
- Reading with Trent: Ricky Ricotta’s Mighty Robot by Dav Pilkey
- Listening with Trent: A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
- Reading next: ?? The True History of Lyndie B. Hawkins by Gail Shepherd, The Mighty Heart of Sunny St. James by Ashley Herring Black, or Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Thursday: Guest Review: The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
Friday: The Atlas of Monsters by Sandra Lawrence and Stuart Hill
Sunday: Author Guest Post!: “Dares, Diseases, and Decisions: How Wreck Came to Be” by Kirstin Cronn Mills
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!