It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Will be reviewing My Name is Wakawakaloch! this week.
- What We Buried by Kate A Boorman: Siblings that resent each other on a road trip after their parents disappear right before their emancipation trial; however, “what starts as a simple overnight road trip soon takes a turn for the dangerous and surreal.”
- The Silence Between Us by Alison Gervais: “Moving halfway across the country to Colorado right before senior year isn’t Maya’s idea of a good time. Leaving behind Pratt School for the Deaf where she’s been a student for years only to attend a hearing school is even worse. Maya has dreams of breaking into the medical field and is determined to get the grades and a college degree to match, and she’s never considered being Deaf a disability. But her teachers and classmates at Engelmann High don’t seem to share her optimism.”
- The newest Dog Man is just as good as the others! Trent loves these books as do I and so do my students–it is just a win-win-win book!
- Who Wants An Old Teddy Bear is Jim’s book from when he was a kid which we were told is one of his favorites, so it was so much fun to read it to Trent for the first time.
This week, I read If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo. I loved listening to the author’s note and how Meredith Russo talks about essentializing transgender identities. I have been thinking about this a lot since I finished the book, and I think it will give readers much to ponder. This is a great book. If you haven’t read it yet, I recommend it highly.
- Reading: 100 Days of Sun Light by Abbie Emmons
- Listening: I don’t know! I can’t find what I want to listen to through my library…
- Reading with Trent: We’ll see what we start tonight!
I am rereading The Lines We Cross by Randa Abdel-Fattah. This time, I am listening to it on audio. I really like this book and am excited to share it with students in a few weeks.
Wednesday: Review and Giveaway!: My Name is Wakawakaloch! by Chana Stiefel
Friday: Educators’ Guide for Lights! Camera! Alice!: The Thrilling True Adventures of the First Woman Filmmaker by Mara Rockliff
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!