It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Circle by Mac Barnett & Jon Klassen is the perfect end to the trilogy. I like the open ending that leads to conversation.
- Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild is the last of the Dog Man books out, so now we are waiting…
- Flubby is the star of a new picture book series, and just love him! I find cats to just be so lovable and hilarious, so this series is perfect for me!
- Trent chose Fergus and Zeke the last time we were at the book store, and we got to reading it this week, and I just love the mice friends! We have book 2 ordered!
- A Danger to Herself and Others by Alyssa Sheinmel looks at a teen’s decent into mental illness.
- The ending of A Grimm Warning is pretty epic! Now I am just waiting for the audio for the next one to be available.
- While I wait, I decided to start Gordon Korman’s Island series. Since I loved the Kidnapped audios so much, I thought this would be a great choice.
- Oh, everyone, you are going to love Beverly, Right Here by Kate DiCamillo. It looks at the final of the three friends (Raymie Nightingale then Louisiana’s Way Home) and is a beautiful story about finding happiness.
- Focused by Alyson Gerber is about a middle schooler who is struggling with focusing.
This week, I finished listening to Sadie by Courtney Summers. I am so glad that I listened to this one as an audiobook. I loved all of the voices and the podcast style. This is a powerful book.
I am heading off to maternity leave (ahhh!). I have set up lost of posts and reviews in the meantime. I will miss you all, and I am very sorry that I was unable to comment on the last couple of Mondays. Pregnancy is exhausting! I look forward to seeing you all in a couple of months!
- Reading: Super Jake & the King of Chaos by Naomi Milliner
- Audio: Island Book Two: Survival by Gordon Korman
- Audio with Trent: A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
I am reading Jonny Appleseed by Joshua Whitehead. It’s an adult book that I missed when it came out a year ago. I am really enjoying it, and it is very different from other books that I’ve read. I will report more later (after maternity leave, likely!).
Tuesday: H is for Haiku: A Treasury of Haiku from A to Z by Sydell Rosenberg
Wednesday: On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
Thursday: You Choose In Space by Nick Sharratt & Pippa Goodhart
Sunday: Author Guest Post!: “Talking Trash” by Donna Latham, Author of Garbage: Follow the Path of Your Trash
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!