Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
This week, we modified the topic a bit. We loved the topic provided by The Broke and the Bookish, but we wanted to give it a creative twist. The original topic was: Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader Easier. Our modification is:
Today’s Topic: Top Ten Reasons Your Life is Easier Because You Are a Reader
1. We always have something to do while we wait. If you are running late, no problem! We have our books with us.
2. Stuck in an elevator? Trapped in an awkward situation with a stranger? Let’s talk books. We will find common ground…or enjoy debating about whose taste is better.
3. We have made so many friends at NCTE/ALAN and through social networking about books. We also consider hundreds of characters our friends, as well. #dweebs
4. We can beat our husbands in the literature categories on Jeopardy. We also know random answers in other categories—purely due to our appetite for books.
5. Our days are much brighter because of emails/tweets we get from past students when they read a good book and want to share.
6. Books make great house decor.
7. We get to go into work each day and start each morning with book recommendations. How awesome is that?
8. We get a bit giddy when the electricity goes out because it means more focused reading time. Who doesn’t love to read about a long-ago setting by candlelight?
9. Car trips are far more bearable with long audiobooks. When we remember our vacations, we remember the books we read and listened to along the way.
10. A Friday night trip to read at the bookstore is much less expensive than a night out on the town. Okay, we lied about this one…because we never leave the bookstore without a dozen books in hand.
How is your life easier/better because of books? Please share with us!