It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- I have no idea why I waited so long to read Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia, but I am so glad that I finally picked it up. What an amazing adventure intertwined with African American folklore and amazing symbolism! Brilliant. I’ll definitely need to pick up the sequel.
- Orange: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 by Ichigo Takano did not disappoint. It is hard to tell you about the second volume without giving away information about the first, but I recommend it!
- Dragons are the Worst! by Alex Willan is the sequel to a family favorite and Sunshine State Young Reader Award, Jr. book, Unicorns are the Worst. Like the first book, Dragons looks at perspective and even shows how a person’s perception can change with just a little more information. Gilbert the Goblin narrates again which means that it is also just as hilarious as the first which helps the deliver this important message in a light way. Definitely loved having this second Gilbert book and hope there will be more!
- We got the second Chicken Little book by Sam Wedelich, so we definitely had to reread the first. Chicken Little: The Real and True Tale and Chicken Little and the Big Bad Wolf are just fantastic. They have amazing voice, great humor, and a wonderful lesson about hysteria and research. Chicken Little is a hit in our house!
I’m sorry! I will be back next week. School starting has be harder than I thought it would be!
Reading: Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo
Reading during family reading time: ??? Finished Orange, so have to pick something else up.
Trent reading during family reading time: The HiLo series by Judd Winnick
Jim reading during family reading time: Fables Vol 6: Homelands by Bill Willingham
Listening: Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
Tuesday: Kellee’s #MustReadin2021 Fall Update!
Thursday: Review and Giveaway!: Magic Candies by Heena Baek, Translated by Sophie Bowman
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts