Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Books on Our Spring TBR Lists
1. The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork
When I heard Francisco X. Stork talk about this book, I knew I needed to read it. I am really looking forward to it. He is an incredible author.
2. Sunny Side Up by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm
I listened to the author present this book in a reader’s theater format at NCTE. It was so, so funny. I’ll be reading it soon, for sure.
3. The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
This book is cited often, and I know I am going to learn a lot when I read it.
4. The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart
Everyone raves about this book. I need to read it!
5. The Slowest Book Ever by April Pulley Sayre
This book is full of S-L-O-W facts, and I am excited to read and learn from it!
I know I was only supposed to do five, but I am so excited for all 7 of these! (And I’m going to read Slow with Ricki also!)
1. The Classy Crooks Club by Alison Cherry
This one looks like a wonderful mix of mystery and humor.
2. Emma G. Loves Boyz: A True Love Journal by Taro Meyer
I cannot wait to book talk this one to my One Direction (and other musicians) obsessed students!
3. Cody and the Mystery of the Universe by Tricia Springstubb
I loved the first one, so I cannot wait to see what Cody is up to!
4. Cici Reno: #MiddleSchoolMatchmaker by Kristina Springer
This looks like a book that middle school Kellee would have loved and her current middle school students will as well!
5. The Mechanical Mind of John Coggin by Elinor Teele
What a fun cover and premise! I love books with quirky protagonists!
6. Ms. Bixby’s Last Day by John David Anderson
This looks different than the other John David Anderson books I’ve read, but his books are always good, and this one doesn’t look like it’ll disappoint!
7. Whatever the choice is for my April and May book club meetings
I started a faculty book club at my middle school, and I found out about one at a close high school, so I am very much looking forward to reading whatever is chosen to go chat about them.
Which books made you laugh?
1 thought on “Top Ten Tuesday: Books on Our Spring TBR Lists”
I’m loving the cover of Ms. Bixby’s Last Day. My TTT