Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2016
The first half of 2016 is rocking!
1. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys (2/2/16)
Okay, I’ve already read it. But I can’t wait for others to read it, so we can talk about it!
2. Underwater by Marisa Reichardt (1/12/16)
The cover just sucks me in! I’ve heard this book is excellent.
3. The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd (2/23/16)
Gosh, I love Natalie Lloyd. I am extremely excited to read this book and am jealous of some of my friends who have read it already!
4. Rescued by Eliot Schrefer (4/26/16)
Readers of this blog know that Kellee and I love Eliot Schrefer. I am pumped to read his next book. I wouldn’t miss it!
5. Finding Marvin Gardens by A.S. King (2017)
I am cheating. But A.S. King’s first middle grade novel? Uh, YES!
1. Booked by Kwame Alexander (4/5/16)
Crossover was brilliant and students loved it, so I cannot wait for the newest. Also, there are such few soccer books (and my kids are always asking), so I am even more excited for that reason!
2. Amulet Vol. 7: Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi (2/23/16)
I love this series (and so do my students)! If you haven’t read them, go pick them up now!
3. Raymie Nightingale by Kate DiCamillo (4/12/16)
Kate DiCamillo is brilliant.
4. The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd (2/23/16)
I cannot wait to see what Natalie Lloyd writes after Snicker of Magic. She is such a beautiful writer!
5. Rescued by Eliot Schrefer (4/26/16)
Yay yay yay yay! Can you hear my fangirling excitement? I love Schrefer’s Endangered and Threatened (and I love Eliot too!), and I cannot wait for this one.
Extras. (Sorry Ricki!)
Dear Dragon by Josh Funk (?/?/16)
I am sure this is going to be hilarious if his debut picture book has anything to say about Josh’s humor.
The Tiara on the Terrace by Kristen Kittscher (1/5/16)
I already read and loved this one, but I wanted to make sure to remind you about it!
What books are you looking forward to in 2016?