Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Recent Book Quotes We’ve Loved
1. “I gave up practically the whole world for you,” I tell him, walking through the front door of my own love story. “The sun, stars, ocean, trees, everything, I gave it all up for you.”
2. “The thing I realize is, that it’s not what you take, it’s what you leave.”
3. “You never need an invitation to go home.”
4. “Survival had its price: guilt.” (from uncorrected proof)
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys (review forthcoming)
5. “Esperanza smiled and reached over and gently pulled the yarn, unraveling the uneven stitches. Then she looked into Isabel’s trusting eyes and said, ‘Do not ever be afraid to start over.’”
Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan
1. “Imaginary friends are like books. We’re created, we’re enjoyed, we’re dog-eared and creased, and then we’re tucked away until we’re needed again.”
2. “Different can be good… It makes you pay attention.”
3. “[S]taying positive and hopeful—even pretending to—was much better than giving in to fear.”
4. Who you are is more than good enough.”
5. “Everything is connected. Every choice matters.Every person is vital, valuable, and worthy of respect.”
Which recent quotes do you love?