Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Fellow Book Nerd Characters We Love
Because they remind us of our book-obsessed selves, of course!
1. Liesel Merminger from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
She is so young, but yet, she steals books. She can’t resist them! I love this girl.
2. Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Scout says, “Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.”
3. A. J. Fikry from The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
This grumpy man stole my heart.
4. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
I am not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I am a huge Hermione fan. She reminds me of me!
5. Francie Nolan from A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
Francie said that “the world was hers for the reading.” I will never forget the scene where she reads in the fire escape.
1. Matilda from Matilda by Roald Dahl
Matilda was the first book nerd I ever encountered in a book, and I loved her! I wanted to be as smart as her, and I wanted to hang out with her.
2. Josie from Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
Josie lives and works in a bookstore and dreams of a college education. She is a book nerd in a place where they aren’t appreciated, and I adored her for that.
3. Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Cath is a fangirl (hence the name of the book). She loves Simon Snow, a character in a book series, and spends most of her time writing fanfiction about Simon and visiting Simon Snow forums. She may even be more of a book nerd than I am.
4. The Gorilla from Look! by Jeff Mack
This poor gorilla just wants to read a book. Hopefully the boy will appease him!
5. Miss Brooks from Miss Brooks Loves Books! (And I Don’t) by Barbara Bottner
I want to teach with Miss Brooks! This book celebrates librarians and books and shows the impact of a book loving librarian on students.
Who are your favorite book nerds?
3 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Fellow Book Nerd Characters We Love”
This is the second list I have seen with The Storied Life. Guess I need to add it to my TBR pile then. Great list!
I love Matilda for the exact same reasons. She was the very first person that i saw or read about that loved to read and to learn.
Great lists 🙂
Matilda, Hermione and Liesel were all on my list this week too.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/top-ten-tuesday-15/