Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
We can’t wait to read these books this fall!
1. Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonsky
I have heard such wonderful things about this book, and I plan to read it very soon!
2. El Deafo by Cece Bell
Everyone is raving about this book!
3. Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
This nonfiction book looks excellent. I have been meaning to read it for some time.
4. Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
I will read anything by Jennifer Brown. It doesn’t hurt that the premise of this book looks great, too!
5. Ways with Words by Shirley Brice Heath
Many people have told me that this classic text is a must-read for English teachers. It is an ethnography, and I can’t wait to read it!
Funny enough, I always have such a hard time doing these TBR posts! I have a huge TBR list, and I very rarely plan too far ahead. These are some books I really want to read and maybe I’ll get to them this fall.
1. Grasshopper Jungle and 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith
Love Andrew Smith’s books and EVERYONE is talking about these.
2. Fish in a Tree (and One for the Murphys!) by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
These books are raved about, and I have been lucky enough to meet the kind Lynda Mullaly Hunt. I need to get to her books.
3. Death by Toilet Paper by Donna Gephart
Um, the title! And it is supposed to be good!
4. The Wrenchies by Farel Dalrymple
Some of the words I’ve seen to describe this one is “trippy,” “gory,” “appalling,” “fascinating,” messed-up,” “interesting,” etc. I am so intrigued!
5. Explorer: Hidden Doors edited by Kazu Kibuishi
I enjoy everything Kazu Kibuishi writes or compiles, and I am sure this is going to be no different.
Which books are on your fall to-be-read list?