Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Top Ten Books We Wouldn’t Mind Santa Bringing Us
You hearing us, husbands?
I’ve decided to go with books for my new baby because he is more important than I am! These are books that Henry wants Santa to bring him so he can read them with his mommy.
1. The Dark by Lemony Snicket and Illustrated by Jon Klassen
I was always afraid of the dark growing up, and I think Henry would love to hear this story so he won’t be afraid!
2. On a Beam of Light by Jennifer Berne and Illustrated by Vladimir Radunsky
I really want Henry to be a huge dork like his parents, so this story of Albert Einstein’s childhood looks awesome.
3. Boy and Bot by Ame Dyckman and Illustrated by Dan Yaccarino
Henry’s daddy (my husband) is an engineer. I thought this would be a great story for them to read together!
4. Press Here by Herve Tullet and Illustrated by Christopher Franceschelli
I hear that this book is fantastic. It is interactive and very fun, so I thought Henry might enjoy it!
5. Little Red Writing by Joan Holub and Illustrated by Melissa Sweet
I thought this humorous take on Little Red Riding Hood would be fun for us to read together!
I am going to do a mix. The first book is one I really want while the other four are picture books I really want Baby Boy Moye to own (any of the ones Ricki listed would be great as well!) though much like his Mommy, Baby Boy Moye’s bookshelf is overflowing! We may have to rethink our organization of his books…
1. The Living by Matt De La Pena
Matt has tried something new with The Living and I cannot wait to read it!
2. Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester
I actually own Tacky the Penguin, but it is my school copy and I really want Baby Boy Moye to have his own. Tacky is such a great role model and his books are just so funny!
3. The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss
I want to put Baby Boy Moye’s footprints in The Foot Book, but I need to own a copy first.
4. Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Willems
I love these two best friends and I only own one of the series right now.
5. Me…Jane by Patrick McDonnell
I want Baby Boy Moye to know that possibilities are endless and Me…Jane is a great picture book for that.
Which books would you like most this holiday season?