Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Things We Love About ARCs
ARCs = Advanced Readers Copies (also known as galleys)
Ricki and Kellee
1. They scream for us to share them widely.
2. Sections occasionally change in the final version. This adds excitement!
3. The cover might even be quite different. We can either savor the old cover or get excited about the new one.
4. ARCs allow us to spread book love because when we purchase the published copy, we can share the ARC with others.
5. They are raw and might have a few editing errors. Correcting these errors in our heads makes us feel smart. 😉
6. They allow us to look like rock stars to our students because we know about books before they come out!
7. They make beautiful displays on the floors of exhibit halls.
8. Sharing an ARC of a favorite author with a friend is the greatest gift of all (and makes for a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings).
9. They allow us to look at the marketing plans. We can then pretend like we are in the know.
10. They make us feel like we are in on a secret—holding a magical book before its birthday. This certainly excites our students, too!
What do you love about ARCs?
6 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Things We Love About ARCs”
I love this one! And I agree!
We have an ARC club at the library, and it’s so much fun! We encourage kids to write their thoughts in the books, and each reader adds their own thoughts, and it’s fascinating for us to read everyone’s different ideas at the end!
I love this idea!!!!!
It’s nice feeling like we’re in the know isn’t it! 😀
Lauren @ Always Me
I don’t actually read a lot of ARCs, except one a month for my review job – I just don’t have time! Too many books and too little time 🙂
I do enjoy getting a sneak peek at what’s coming up, though!
Book By Book