Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Bookish Facts About Us
1. I get anxious any time a person tells me about a book. I don’t like to hear anything beyond the first page. I won’t even read the inside flaps of books!
2. I have seven bookshelves in my house, and yet I still have piles of books that don’t seem to fit.
3. I’ve only recently developed a love for libraries. In an attempt to save money, I started visiting them. Now, they are one of my favorite places in the world. There is nothing more peaceful and pleasant than a library.
4. At any given moment, I am typically reading 5-10 books. I’ve always struggle to maintain focus on things (bookish or not), and this helps me address this problem. I always make sure these books are very different, so I don’t get confused about plot points.
5. I have a small fear that my second son won’t love books as much as my first son. I have been so happy with my son’s addiction to books that I worry that my next child (who is currently in my belly) won’t have this same joy.
1. Ricki and I have #1 in common. I am not a huge fan about knowing too much about books. I don’t read flaps, I don’t read backs, I don’t watch trailers, etc. If I am reading a review of a book I’ve never read, I try to stick to the review part (“The writing was so lyrical,” etc.) and stay away from the summary. My students think I am crazy! (I don’t like watching movie trailers either!)
2. I am learned to love ebooks. I love that there is away to always have a book with you without carrying around a book. With a diaper bag, my stuff, and a toddler, a book was very cumbersome; however, I always have my phone with me. I didn’t have trouble transitioning–I love reading on my phone, especially with black background and white text. It also allows me to read in the dark!
3. I have over 3,000 book titles in my classroom library (and I have 4 more bags from purchases and ALA in my car). I am immensely proud of my classroom library, and I love the feel of being surrounded by books in my classroom.
4. I hate when I go to read a sequel and I cannot remember the first book, so I write myself private notes in Goodreads about how books that will have sequels end. This is how I keep myself from having to reread (there are too many books!).
5. I do not like reading aloud. I know this is blasphemous, but I really would rather listen to an audiobook than listen to myself read. I mean, they do voices! I can’t do voices, and if I try to, I can never remember what the voice sounded like from day to day. Even with picture books I find myself having trouble being an entertaining read alouder. Sigh. If you are good at reading aloud, I am super jealous.
What are some bookish facts about you?