It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts, and Kellee decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
Last Week’s Posts
Top Ten Tuesday: Our Bookish Bucket List
**Click on any picture to view the post**
Last Week’s Journeys
Kellee: I’ve continued being able to find time to read my novels–YAY! I finished Bruised by Sarah Skilton, and I am so glad that it came onto my radar. It is a special, unique little book. I look forward to sharing it with you soon. I started Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith, and so far, I am enjoying it. It is a look at grief and love.
Trent and I have been keeping up with our picture book #bookaday, and we’re making quite a dent. He’s already at 38 books! This week, we read:
- The Napping House by Audrey Wood (Classic! And just as good as the first time I read it.)
- Board Books from the Disney Bedtime Stories: Aristocats, Aladdin, Bambi, and Alice in Wonderland (I love these little Disney stories. I still have 6 more to read from the set, I believe. Thanks to Jessica for these!)
- I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak (So true! The love you feel for a child is one you can’t understand. Thank you to Katie for this one–I’m sure it’ll be a favorite.)
- Horns and Toes by Sandra Boynton (After Sandra Boynton was mentioned last week, I had to read the one I had I loved Sandra Boynton books when I was younger, and I am glad to read them again. Thank you to Cristen for this one.)
Ricki: I had a very busy week, so I only finished three books. I read Brian Floca’s Locomotive (see my review on Thursday). It was incredible! I am so glad Kellee recommended it to me. My husband, son, and I were taken back to the summer of 1869, and we learned so much about the locomotive! I also read Jacqueline Woodson’s Each Kindness (see my review next Thursday!). This is a very powerful story that really affected me. I plan to read it often to my son because I think the message is so very important. Lastly, I read Mr. Wuffles by David Wiesner. I expected to like it more than I did. Everyone has raved about it, and maybe my expectations were too high.
This Week’s Expeditions
Kellee: I plan on finishing Wild Awake, and hopefully start All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. Trent and I will continue our #bookaday by first finishing our Disney bedtime stories readathon, and then we’ll tackle the amazing pile of books our book angel, Alyson, sent us.
Ricki: Henry and I took another trip to the library. I am not sure the librarian enjoyed signing out twelve picture books, but we always return them promptly! I am giddy just thinking about them. We are also continuing to read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe together. I am still reading Peter McLaren’s Life in Schools, and I am halfway through e. lockhart’s We Were Liars. I will definitely be reviewing this one.
Upcoming Week’s Posts
Top Ten Tuesday: “Gateway” Books/Authors in Our Reading Journey
So, what are you reading?
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Subscribe via Email
Recently Popular Posts
- Special Announcement: 2014 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award…
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Blog Tour with Exclusive Excerpt: Minion by John David…
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Top Ten Tuesday: Characters We Would Want with us on a…
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…
- Schneider Family Book Award 10th Anniversary: Celebrating…
- Doll Bones by Holly Black