It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Once Upon an Eid edited by S.K. Ali & Aisha Saeed: I loved this anthology! I learned a lot about Eid and different ways that it is celebrated. As with any anthology, it is so much fun to read snippits by so many different authors.
- Where I End & You Begin by Preston Norton: I am so glad my high school librarian friend recommended this to me! It is a fun twist on a Freaky Friday story, but with so much in it about identity, friendship, love, family, forgiveness… so much! And it is funny–I laughed out loud too many times during family reading time.
- Assassination Classroom by Yusei Matsui: Trent’s sensei recommended this manga to me, and I can definitely see why. The concept is fascinating: an alien(?) had destroyed the moon and is now threatening to destroy the Earth in a year, but first, he wants to be a teacher for a year allowing his pupils chances to assassinate him. This is the first manga since Promised Neverland that I have been sucked into and want to read, read, read.
- Rereads with Trent: The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt & It’s Shoe Time! by Bryan Collier
I just finished listening (on audio) to Each Tiny Spark by Pablo Cartaya. (I’d read it previously in print.) I love this book so much and am excited to discuss it with my class this week!
Reading: As Good As Dead by Holly Jackson
Reading during family reading time: Assassination Classroom Vol. 3 by Yusei Matsui
Reading for my Lunch Book Club: Concealed by Christina Diaz Gonzalez
Listening: Jackpot by Nic Stone
Trent reading during family reading time: Catstronaut 3: Space Station Situation by Drew Brockington
Jim reading during family reading time: Fables Vol. 10: The Good Prince by Bill Willingham
I just started listening to We Are Not From Here by Jenny Torres Sanchez to prepare for my class in two weeks. So far, I might be liking the audio more than the print version! It’s hard to tell. Both are so good.
Tuesday: A Sari for Ammi by Mamta Nainy, Illustrated by Sandhya Prabhat
Saturday: Sofia’s Kids’ Corner: The Double Life of Danny Day by Mike Thayer
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts