It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
Sharing Picture Books, Early Readers, Middle Grade Books, and Young Adult Books for All Ages!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly blog hop co-hosted by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts which focuses on sharing books marketed for children and young adults. It offers opportunities to share and recommend books with each other.
We encourage you to write your own post sharing what you’re reading, link up below, leave a comment, and support other IMWAYR bloggers by visiting and commenting on at least three of the other linked blogs.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- I am unable to review the novels I read these last couple of weeks because of my award committee commitment, so please check Goodreads to learn about any of them: Never Fear, Meena’s Here!; Breath Like Water; Recommended For You; and The Girl Who Wasn’t There.
- Dog Man: Grime and Punishment by Dav Pilkey: The newest Dog Man is so good! Dav Pilkey went deep in this one! But don’t worry–the humor is still there!
- Picture Books with Trent:
- The Bot that Scott Built by Kim Norman: A fun school-focused retelling of The House that Jack Built when a science fair goes wrong!
- The Boring Book by Shinsuke Yoshitake: What is boring? The Boring Book explores that question.
In the last three weeks, I’ve read three of the Dogman books (#1, 6, and 9) with my six-year-old. He’s obsessed with them, and he has spent all of his allowance on purchasing them. These books bring him so much joy, and I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.
I’ve also read about 30-40 picture books with my two younger sons. Each week, we get a new stack from the library. Because of the busy-ness of COVID-19 and remote learning and trying to keep up with my job, I’ve fallen a bit behind in tracking these books, and I hope you’ll forgive me!
Currently Reading: After the Worst Thing Happens by Audrey Vernick
Currently Listening: Upside Down Magic: The Big Shrink by Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle, and Emily Jenkins
I am reading Cultivating Genius: An Equity Framework for Culturally and Historically Responsive Literacy by Gholdy Muhammad and loving it. I suspect I’ll be ordering this one to teach it next semester! English teachers, if you are looking for a new PD book to inspire you, this is a really good purchase!
Thursday: Review, Book Trailer, and Giveaway: Marjory Saves the Everglades: The Story of Marjory Stoneman Douglas by Sandra Neil Wallace, Illustrated by Rebecca Gibbon
Saturday: Sofia’s Kids’ Corner: The Word Collector by Peter Reynolds
Sunday: Authors’ Guest Post: “Literary Pilgrimages and Armchair Pilgrimages Today!” by Kath Rothschild and the Class of 2K20 Books
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts