It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
Tuesday: Review and Giveaway!: Snail & Worm All Day by Tina Kügler
Congratulations Danielle H. for winning the giveaway!
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Novels I read this week:
- Impossible Music by Sean Williams: “Music is Simon’s life—which is why he is devastated when a stroke destroys his hearing. He resists attempts to help him adjust to his new state, refusing to be counselled, refusing to learn sign-language, refusing to have anything to do with Deaf culture. Refusing, that is, until he meets G, a tough-as-nails girl dealing with her own newly-experienced deafness.”
- Sick Kids in Love by Hannah Moskowitz: “Isabel has one rule: no dating.
–for the other person.
She’s got issues. She’s got secrets. She’s got rheumatoid arthritis.
But then she meets another sick kid.”
- I was so lucky to be able to take a morning off to go into Trent’s classroom to be a holiday reader, and Trent chose for me to read Red and Lulu by Matt Tavares, and it was perfect timing because his class was learning about O Tannenbaum that day in class.
- Another Mo Willems book along with three books that Trent chose to read as a Read Along in Hoopla.
- We also finished an SSYRA Jr. Book, Mia Mayhem is a Superhero, which is a fun story about Mia finding out about her powers. There are more in the series, so we may get to them eventually.
It’s finals week! I am very glad to have the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been reading the illustrated Harry Potter with my boys, and we are loving it!
- Reading: The Spinner of Dreams by K.A. Reynolds, Wrecking Ball by Jeff Kinney
- Listening: The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey
- Reading with Trent: Dog Man Fetch-22 by Dav Pilkey, The Alien Next Door: The New Kid by A.I. Newton
- Reading next: Momentous Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling
Tuesday: Blog Tour with Educators’ Guide and Giveaway!: The Treacherous Sea by Christopher Healy
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Making Crazy Contraptions” by Laura Perdew, Author of Crazy Contraptions: Build Rube Goldberg Machines that Swoop, Spin, Stack, and Swivel with Engineering Activities for Kids
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts