It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- As you probably know, Trent is a Dav Pilkey fan, so when we saw Dogzilla at his book fair, we grabbed it!
- The Pigeon HAS to Go to School! is hilarious! I just love the pigeon.
- Trent and I are loving the Mr. Putter and Tabby series by Cynthia Rylant! Who would think that a book about an old man and cat would be so much fun to read!
As for me, Lots of reading this week, but I didn’t finish anything. But I am reading 4 books! 🙂
This week, I reread The Teacher Wars by Dana Goldstein. A friend once said that this is a must-read for all in the profession (and everyone). I agreed with her after I read it. It gives a great history of the profession! Even the most informed teacher folks will find new information in it.
I also finished Making All Black Lives Matter by Barbara Ransby. This book is excellent. The author is very clearly an expert, and I appreciated her thoughts.
- Listening but paused: Let’s Go Swimming on Doomsday by Natalie C. Anderson
- Now Listening to (my library hold is in while the other I own): Sal & Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez
- Reading: Compass South by Hope Larson
- Reading: Lenny’s Book of Everything by Karen Foxlee
- Jim Reading with Trent: The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
I am feeling indecisive about which book I’ll tackle next week. 🙂
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Obstacle or Opportunity or Both” by Ocelot Emerson, Author of Bertie’s Book of Spooky Wonders
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts