It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
As promised, we read some Mercy and Narwhal this week! I just love both of these series so much and so happy to read the new Mercy piglet picture book, too–a origin story of our favorite porcine wonder. Also, peanut Narwhal is ADORABLE! Trent also picked out a Pete the Cat book which made me so happy because he has been not wanting to read Pete books.
We finished A Bear Called Paddington! Yay! I think it was a little too long of an audiobook without read along text, but we enjoyed it overall. Then Trent picked out Inspector Flytrap to read next. It is a read along on Hoopla, and he LOVES them. The sloth throughout is definitely his favorite. Angleberger and Bell are hilarious together!
Three upcoming titles!
- Roll With It by Jamie Sumner is a story of a baking-fanatic who moves to a small town that is not very equip to deal with her wheelchair but a rough start does not always indicate the future.
- The second Kitten Construction Company was just as cute and funny as the first. I love this story of inclusion!
- Oh, what a mash up!!!! Mighty Jack and Zita the Space Girl by Ben Hatke is everything readers will want and more! And it made me want to go back and read both series again!
- The Bridge Home by Padma Venkatraman follows Viji and Rukku as the flee their abusive home to live on the streets of Chennai.
- Fear of Missing Out by Kate McGovern is Astrid’s story of living when she finds out she is dying.
Ricki is away on maternity leave and will return mid-June. Happy reading!
Currently Reading: A Tear in the Ocean by H.M. Bouwman
Currently Listening: Funny, You Don’t Look Autistic by Michael McCreary
Reading Next with Trent: Mercy Watson Goes for a Ride by Kate DiCamillo and Narwhal’s Otter Friend by Ben Clanton
Listening to Next with Trent: Inspector Flytrap and the Goat Who Chewed Too Much by Tom Angleberger
Tuesday: Kellee’s End of Year Student Survey Results, Students’ Favorite Books, and Top Checked Out Books 2018-19
Thursday: Guest Review: Feral Youth: A Novel in 10 Points of View from Shaun David Hutchinson and Nine Other Powerhouse Authors
Friday: Blog Tour with Review: Moon! Earth’s Best Friend by Stacy McAnulty
Sunday: Author Guest Post: “Feminism: Finding Our Way Forward” by Jill Dearman, Author of Feminism: The March Towards Equal Rights for Women
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
Subscribe to Our Posts