It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
- Super Jake and the King of Chaos is debut middle grade novel about Ethan, a middle school magician, and his family whose priorities surround Jake, their one-year-old who was born with brain damage.
- Since starting all of the Gordon Korman books, I’ve been really shocked to find out how many of his books that are SO GOOD are out of print. The Island series is another one. High interest and well written!
Ricki is away on maternity leave and will return mid-June. Happy reading!
- Listening with Trent: A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
- Listening: Beyond the Kingdoms by Chris Colfer
- Reading: The Shadow Club by Neal Shusterman
- On Deck: The Schwa was Here by Neal Shusterman
- In the Hole (if nothing changes): The True History of Lyndie B. Hawkins by Gail Shepherd
Tuesday: Call for Teachers of YAL Classes
Wednesday: Celebrate #NationalParkWeek! Review and Giveaway: If I Were a Park Ranger by Catherine Stier
Thursday: Guest Review: Isle of Blood and Stone by Makiia Lucier
Sunday: Author Guest Post!: “Celebrate Biodiversity: Life + Variety = Biodiversity” by Laura Perdew, Author of Biodiversity: Explore the Diversity of Life on Earth
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
Subscribe to Our Posts