I had someone ask for some recommendations of books that have science content within them and as well as books with math content. These requests has made me realize that there may be other teachers out there that may want some of these same recommendations. Today I will share with you the science books I recommended and next week I’ll share the math books.
This list contains books I recommended to an 8th grade science teacher and mostly has books that are middle school and high school level. He wanted books that weren’t directly “science” books but that had science elements within them. Next to each book I’ve included how the book connects with the content. Also, many of these books are one of a series, so their sequels or companions would have science content as well.
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- We Were Liars by e. lockhart
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- How To Speak Dolphin by Ginny Rorby
TopicsAbuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Diversity Education Environment Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Justice Love Magic Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature Poetry Professional Development Racism Relationships Religion/Faith Research School Science Sports Survival Teaching Text Set Violence War Women's Rights Writing