Reposted from Teach Mentor Texts
I thought this one was important to share again as we start a new school year and with Common Core (with content area literacy) looming, I thought it’d be a good resource. I have added more novels to the list since the original post (thanks to some helpful friends and more reading).
I had someone ask for some recommendations of books that have science content within them and as well as books with math content. These requests has made me realize that there may be other teachers out there that may want some of these same recommendations. Today I will share with you the science books I recommended and next week I’ll share the math books.
This list contains books I recommended to an 8th grade science teacher and mostly has books that are middle school and high school level. He wanted books that weren’t directly “science” books but that had science elements within them. Next to each book I’ve included how the book connects with the content. Also, many of these books are one of a series, so their sequels or companions would have science content as well.
Subscribe via Email
Recently Popular Posts
- Special Announcement: 2014 Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award…
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Blog Tour with Exclusive Excerpt: Minion by John David…
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Schneider Family Book Award 10th Anniversary: Celebrating…
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Voices of the Sea by Bethany Masone Harar
- Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Movies (For Their Great Stories)
- Firefly July: A Year of Very Short Poems selected by Paul B.…
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…