Reposted from Teach Mentor Texts
I thought this one was important to share again as we start a new school year and with Common Core (with content area literacy) looming, I thought it’d be a good resource. I have added more novels to the list since the original post (thanks to some helpful friends and more reading).
I had someone ask for some recommendations of books that have science content within them and as well as books with math content. These requests has made me realize that there may be other teachers out there that may want some of these same recommendations. Today I will share with you the science books I recommended and next week I’ll share the math books.
This list contains books I recommended to an 8th grade science teacher and mostly has books that are middle school and high school level. He wanted books that weren’t directly “science” books but that had science elements within them. Next to each book I’ve included how the book connects with the content. Also, many of these books are one of a series, so their sequels or companions would have science content as well.
Subscribe via Email
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- We Were Liars by e. lockhart
- Doll Bones by Holly Black
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books and…
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Rump by Liesl Shurtliff
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers