It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA!
It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme started by Sheila at Book Journeys and now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. It is a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It’s also a great chance to see what others are reading right now…you just might discover the next “must-read” book!
Kellee and Jen, of Teach Mentor Texts, decided to give It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children’s literature – picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit – join us! We love this meme and think you will, too.
We encourage everyone who participates to support the blogging community by visiting at least three of the other book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.
for winning our Bruce’s Big Move giveaway!
Last Week’s Posts
**Click on any picture/link to view the post**
Last Week’s Journeys
First, I wanted to share that I finished listening to NPR’s S-Town, the podcast I had started. It was such interesting piece of storytelling and although really not appropriate for any children, it is something I recommend to all of you!
I also finished Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson which I cannot wait to chat with her about at ALAN! It is a book that doesn’t fit any specific genre but is about how the future and past all intertwine and about our future here on Earth.
This week, I REREAD Unwind by Neal Shusterman, and I look forward to talking about speculative fiction with my students!
I also read every Sandra Boynton board book that was available in the bookstore. There were at least a dozen there. I may or may not have purchased three of them to add to our collection. My younger son and I spent two hours in the bookstore looking for the best books to purchase with a birthday gift card that he received, so we perused A LOT of books. It was a great time!
This Week’s Expeditions
- I am hosting Laurie Halse Anderson at a round table during the “YA Lit is Complex!” session at NCTE, so I am rereading The Impossible Knife of Memory to complete a handout and write some questions for Laurie.
- Our next book for my teacher book club is Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina, so as soon as I’m done with Impossible, I’ll be picking up Burn.
- I don’t know what to listen to next!!! Nothing that I want to read has an aubiobook available at my library… Ugh. Maybe I’ll listen to another podcast first.
I just got Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds, and I am PUMPED to read it!
Upcoming Week’s Posts
Tuesday: Books to Read on Halloween
Wednesday: Living Things and Nonliving Things: A Compare and Contrast Book by Kevin Kurtz
Thursday: Miguel and the Grand Harmony by Matt de la Peña
Friday: Quack and Daisy series by Aileen Stewart
Sunday: Author Guest Post and Giveaway! from Dian Curtis Regan, Author of Space Boy
So, what are you reading?
Link up below and go check out what everyone else is reading. Please support other bloggers by viewing and commenting on at least 3 other blogs. If you tweet about your Monday post, tag the tweet with #IMWAYR!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts