Kellee and I are thrilled to be nominated by Holly and Elizabeth for the Liebster Award! Because we are fortunate to have been nominated by two bloggers, we have decided to split Holly’s and Elizabeth’s questions into two days. Kellee took part one yesterday, and today, we are onto part two. Thank you, Holly and Elizabeth. We are honored!
- List 11 Facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions put forward by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 5+ bloggers. They must have less than 200 followers on Bloglovin’ (or their preferred method). You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you. (Kellee and I don’t currently use a system to track followers, so we think we fit this rule.)
- Go to their blogs and inform them that they have been nominated!
11 Facts about Me:
1. I initially went to school to become a math teacher. At the last minute, I changed my mind and decided to switch to become an English teacher. (Thank goodness!)
2. My son is named after Henry David Thoreau.
3. My father and brother are doctors, my mom is a nurse, and my sister works for Google. I am kind of the oddball of my family.
4. I have color-coded bookshelves because it is easier for me to find books that way. Here is one set:
5. I met Kellee while working on the Amelia Elizabeth Walden Book award. We hit it off, and decided to start UnleashingReaders together.
6. I grew up with four dogs, nine cats, thirteen rabbits, and several other animals. Now, I live in an animal-less house because my husband doesn’t like animals very much. Once Henry is older, we are getting a dog, darn it!
7. I am Native American and was the president of the Native American Cultural Society at UConn for four years.
8. I could eat (New York or New Haven style) pizza every day of my life.
9. I could eat chocolate chip cookies every day of my life. But I imagine that most people feel that way.
10. I love to cook and while I do work, I keep Food Network on in the background. I feel as if the chefs are my friends.
11. I had to leave the ALAN Workshop this year because I was having contractions. My baby was born on the second day of the ALAN Workshop. I vowed I would make it to the workshop, and I didn’t break that promise. I just wasn’t able to stay very long.
11 Questions from Holly and Elizabeth:
1. Katherine Sokolowski recently asked this question on her blog, and I loved it: If you could invite any three authors or illustrators to dinner, who would they be?
John Green, Sherman Alexie, and Henry David Thoreau (I know, that last one is impossible.) The dynamic between those three would be hysterical. This question is awesome. I had so much fun imagining the dinner.
2. If you were stranded on a desert island, what luxury item would you want with you?
Easy. My kindle. But first, I would buy a lot more books. I would probably rather bring a bookshelf of books, but it seemed like that might be cheating.
3. What is one important thing you learned in the past year?
I have learned a million important things this past year as a new mom. I’ve learned that being a mom is the hardest job in the world. I have worked three jobs at once, and truly, nothing compares to how hard it is to be a mom. I know everyone has always said this to me, but now I know that it is actually true.
4. What are some of your professional goals?
I would like to be a professor for Methods courses in English Education. I’d love to work at a university that also allows me to be an advisor for my students in the program.
5. Who or what makes you laugh?
My son. He is such a nutball. Right now, he is panting, trying to fit a giant plastic parrot in his mouth.
6. What is the one television show you can’t miss?
Top Chef and the Bachelor (guilty pleasure). I love those two shows!
7. How did you come up with your blog name?
Kellee and I were tossing around names for awhile. We wanted a name that was teacher-oriented and showed the power of books. It was a terrifying process. Once you pick a name, you feel locked to it. I think we found a name that fits us.
8. What/who are your three favourite bands/artists/composers?
Lady Antebellum, The Grateful Dead, and Cassidy Pope (new favorite). I love anything that makes me want to dance.
9. What is something on your bucket list?
I’d love to go to London. I went to Italy for my honeymoon and loved Europe. Has anyone been to London? Is it incredible?
10. Who would you consider your role model?
My advisor, Wendy Glenn, is definitely my role model. I wouldn’t be where I am, personally or professionally, without her. She is one of the kindest, most intelligent people I know.
11. Who is your book boyfriend?
That’s a tough one. I love Brigan from Kristin Cashore’s Fire. I think he would be my top choice. 🙂
My Liebster Nominations:
I am excited to nominate six bloggers for this award. I chose these people because I have enjoyed reading their book recommendations and getting to know them in the blogging world. I highly recommend all of their blogs.
1. Linda TeacherDance
2. Carrie at There’s a Book for That
3. Michele at Mrs. Knott’s Book Nook
4. Crystal at Reading Through Life
5. Sue at Book by Book
6. Julee at Book Egg
11 New Questions to the Bloggers I Nominated:
1. I am going to steal one question that was asked of me: If you could invite any three authors or illustrators to dinner, who would they be?
2. If you could be any animal, which would you be, and why?
3. What were you like in high school?
4. Do you collect anything besides books?
5. Where is your dream vacation?
6. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
7. If you could be any book character, which would you be and why?
8. Which three books were fundamental in the promotion of your love of reading?
9. If you could talk about only one book for the next year, which would it be? (I stole this one from Kellee’s post.)
10. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
11. If you could live in any setting (any year, any location, any world), where would it be?
Thanks again to Holly and Elizabeth for their nominations!