Navigating Literary Elements
Since the goal of Unleashing Readers is to be a resource for teachers, we wanted to give our viewers an easy access area for book recommendations to teach different narrative elements. Below is a list you can explore. For each element, we will include a list of books we feel are exemplars of the elements. These lists will continually evolve as we review new books!
Subscribe to Our Posts
Recently Popular Posts
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Novels with Science Content
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Engaging Classroom Discussion Techniques
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Topics#mustread Abuse Adventure ALAN Animals Art Author Baby Bullying Creativity Death/Dying Dinosaurs Diversity Education Empathy Fairy Tale Retelling Family Friendship Guest post Heroism History Identity/Coming of Age Illustrations Imagination Love Magic Math Mental Health Motherhood Music Nature Poetry Relationships Religion/Faith Research School Science Space Sports Survival Teaching Violence War Women's Rights Writing