Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because The Broke and Bookish are particularly fond of lists (as are we!). Each week a new Top Ten list topic is given and bloggers can participate.
Today’s Topic: Ten Reasons to Read
1. It passes time.
Long plane ride? Long waiting room wait? A book should fix that. 😉
2. It helps us sleep.
Dreamland wouldn’t be so sweet without the books to carry us there.
3. It’s calming.
Whenever we feel stress, we read. It brings us back to what is important.
4. It connects us to other people us may have never met.
We find that some of our closest friends are other readers/bloggers/authors. We value those bonds highly.
5. It connects us to characters and takes on amazing adventures.
We consider many characters to be close friends, and we cherish the journeys they take us on.
6. It teaches us about history…and perhaps, the future.
Reading transports us to other times (both before and after us).
7. It teaches us about other places.
Reading also transports us to other parts of the world.
8. It brings together family and friends.
There’s nothing better than a dinner conversation about a great book or bedtime with a favorite picture book.
9. It helps us navigate life.
When we are in tough positions, we often think of characters and stories to help inform our decisions.
10. It completes us.
We consider reading to be a large part of our identities. Without this reader identity, we would not feel as complete.
What did we miss? We are sure there are more!
Recently Popular Posts
- This is my Anti-Lexile, Anti-Reading Level Post.
- Top Books for Struggling/Reluctant Middle School Readers
- Novels with Science Content
- Harlem: A Poem by Walter Dean Myers
- Top Ten Tuesday: Our Favorite Pairings of YA Books…
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nazi Hunters by Neal Bascomb
- What Do You Do with a Problem? by Kobi Yamada
- Journey by Aaron Becker
- Review and Teaching Guide!: El Deafo by Cece Bell
Subscribe to Our Posts